ACANA Light & Fit Formula Grain Free Dry Dog Food
The gray wolf is the ancestor to all dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of “different-looking wolves,” the internal workings of modern dogs and their wolf cousins remain unchanged, so it’s no surprise that their dietary needs remain the same too. Our award-winning Biologically Appropriate philosophy is simple: mirror the quantity, freshness, and variety of meat that dogs have evolved to eat, while limiting the long lists of synthetic ingredients that don’t belong in your dog’s natural diet.
Why We Love It
- RICH IN MEAT (60%) Your dog is biologically adapted for a diet rich in meat. That’s why we loaded ACANA Red Meat with 60% quality animal ingredients, including ranch-raised beef, Yorkshire pork, and grass-fed lamb, all sourced from regional farms.
- HIGH FRESH MEAT INCLUSIONS (1/2) Meat is in its most natural and nourishing form when it’s fresh. That’s why half of the meat in ACANA Red Meat is authentically fresh and loaded with goodness and taste, and the other half is dried to provide a strong and natural source of protein.
- A VARIETY OF MEATS (3) In nature, dogs benefit from an assortment of prey animals. That’s why ACANA features a diversity of fresh meat in richly nourishing WholePrey ratios of meat, organs, and cartilage or bone to mimic your dog’s natural diet and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic additives.
- RICH IN MEAT PROTEIN. Entirely free of grains or gluten, ACANA derives its rich protein content from quality animal ingredients, not plants, supporting lean muscle mass and nourishing your dog according to his evolutionary needs.
- FRESH VEGETABLES & FRUIT. Your dog’s natural diet contains almost no carbs at all. That’s why ACANA features vegetables and fruit in limited quantities, meaning no extra, non-essential carbs to be stored as body fat. This helps maintain healthy blood-sugar levels, reduces the potential for fat storage, and promotes overall good health.
Your dog may not roam the wilderness like their ancestors did, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't feed them like they don't. ACANA makes only foods that are rich in meat and protein variety, with wholeprey meat ratios and limited carbohydrates, replacing fast carbs with low glycemic, healthy fruits and vegetables. With a state of art brand new kitchen in Kentucky, all ACANA foods are sourced and made right here in the USA by trusted farmers. With human grade ingredients that typically arrive at the kitchens within 48 hours of harvesting, fresh is the entire basis of ACANA's brand. Ingredients like heritage red meats from the Appalachian ranching country, free run poultry and eggs, wild caught fish from New England, whole fruits and vegetables like Bartlett pears and butternut squash, and locally grown botanicals from Kentucky, ACANA believes the healthiest foods are made here at home in Kentucky, never outsourced. ACANA nourishes your pet's instinct for real, fresh meats and high quality grain-free carbohydrates. It's everything Mother Nature intended, and nothing she did not.